£14 per person (minimum 8 people).
Mountain Bike Extreme is a two hour biking session at our neighouring mountain bike park, Deers Leap Park
, and run by our experienced biking instructors. Your instructor will take the group on the most appropriate bike trails for the age and experience of the group and ensure that everyone has a great time!
As with all parties, the time slots are: 10.00am - 1.00pm; 1.30pm - 4.30pm and in summer (May-Sept) 5.00pm-8.00pm. As biking is two hours, your two hour party can be anytime within one of these 3 hour periods - you choose.
Check out the Biking Gallery
We have a fleet of over 70 bikes, including full sets of 20" wheel bikes for the younger age groups (around 7-9 years old depending on height) and 24" bikes for those slightly older. We have adult bikes if any parents are coming along too.
If you have more than 12 young people of the same age, we would split the group into 2 and swap activities.
We issue helmets (although participants can bring their own if they prefer); all you need is rough clothing that you're prepared to get very, very dirty. Please bear in mind the weather predicted for the day.
Often groups want to have some party food. You can rent the indoor cafe space for £20 for the duration of your party, or you are free to use the courtyard which has some picnic tables and benches for the period following your party. Please note that you'd need to vacate the courtyard or cafe area about 1.5 hours after your party at the latest; you are free to use any other part of the park after this as you please.
TO BOOK YOUR BIRTHDAY PARTY: Visit the 'Booking a Party' page
What if we have one child that can't ride a bike?
- This is a tricky one. Clearly if the instructor is teaching the group, it's not possibile to teach one child to ride from the basics at the same time! It is important to ask parents of other children if their child can ride a bike.
Do the children need to be expert riders?
- Not at all. We assume that there will be different ability levels and the instructor will act accordingly.
Can we split the group in two?
- You will have one instructor for up to 12 participants; over this and the instructor will have an assistant. If you have 12 or fewer, there will be one instructor.
What about safety, first aid and rescues?
- All instructors are TrekCo instructors - TrekCo is the company that runs Deers Leap, and we are an AALS Licensed company. This means that we are inspected by the government every year and hold an Adventurous Activities Licence. This licence isn't needed for mountain biking, but it is an indication of a good standard of instruction and safety procedures in the company as a whole. Our Risk Assessments for all activities can be viewed at the TrekCo website too.
All outdoor instructors must have a current First Aid certificate, and are police checked.
Do I need to go with the children?
- We always prefer that an adult accompanies the group alongside the instructor. We do however recognise that this is not always possible; the decision is up to you.
Check out the Biking Gallery
TO BOOK YOUR BIRTHDAY PARTY: Visit the Booking a Party page